Saturday, March 10, 2012

Making A Difference

Some days I wake up, go about my normal mundane routine, and then go to bed. As my head hits the pillow and a tear escapes the corner of my eye, I silently breathe with every fiber of my being, "Lord, am I making a difference at all in this life?"

That's all I want for this life. To be LOVE to everybody I come in contact with. To make somebody's day brighter. To turn frowns into smiles and sadness into joy. To change another human being's life in some very tiny way.

Tonight I realized that I have had the privilege of being used by a Mighty God in a mighty way. As I sent my "goodbye post" out into the blogosphere to go live, e-mails and comments began pouring in of how my website changed people's lives.

I cried. Then cried. And then cried some more.

And thanked God for using little ole me in such a big way, even if I had a difficult time seeing it while in the midst of it all.

I still know I made the right decision. But it's really. really. really. nice to know that I DID make a difference in people's lives.

And if you find yourself wondering the same thing some days...I can promise you that you are most likely making a difference in somebody's life, whether you realize it or not.

Be encouraged, sweet one. Jesus chooses to use the lowly and the unnoticeable. That's YOU. So go in love...

8 comments:

  1. Awe, you always make me smile when I get an email from you, etc. Glad you are seeing proof that you make a difference in people's lives! I hope to make a difference in people's lives too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Meagan, I think I might be the only guy on here... Sorry, my friend who I have never met! I feel like I know you because what Kyle has shared about you, vice versa and your daily emails from FFF and JS! I'm so glad you are seeing how God has been using you! He has greatly, is still and surely will in the future! I look forward to seeing your "new season" unfold! God is so good! Aren't you glad His ways and thoughts are beyond ours? We can't even fathom His wisdom, thinking, creativity, etc. All I know, you have been a blessing to me in so many ways! I just want to say thanks! More importantly, I know you have been a superb wife to Kyle and a blessing to all your readers! Thank you for that example! Keep plugging away, not for perfection (only Jesus mastered that!), but to continue to seek His will! He typically will change seasons in our lives many times to develop certain character traits! Thanks again for the blessings! I look forward to reading your new blog! Remember, you and Kyle still owe me a "new" address. Lance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome, Lance! Thanks for following along and being a great friend and encouragement to me and Kyle both! You're always in our prayers.

      Delete
  3. You made a difference in my life.... i love you and will miss your blog... on to bigger and better things now!!!!!! Don't be sad... you have sooo many other amazing things to offer -- time to explore and hear God's calling!! woohoo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angie! :) Love you girl!

      p.s. I need a haircut. I'll be seeing you soon!

      Delete